[slinkelist] Trying to understand cross-fading requirements

Hoen, Dave Dave.Hoen@emulex.com
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:16:18 -0800

FWIW
I have a 240 as master and a 220 as slave.  As I said, it works with CDJ =
flawlessly 99% of the time.  The 240 is set to unit 1 and the 220 is set =
to unit 3.  As I recall, the Sony documentation said that I had to set =
them this way, and in fact if I set the 220 to unit 2, the master/slave =
functions don't work.  CDJ doesn't seem to have any problem with it this =
way, but denotes them as player 1 and player 2 (not player 1 and player =
3).

Dave Hoen
dave.hoen@emulex.com

----------
From:  AndyStein@aol.com
Sent:  Tuesday, January 04, 2000 8:30 PM
To:  slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject:  Re: [slinkelist] Trying to understand cross-fading =
requirements

    What players are you using? When I attempt to use CDJ to run my =
players=20
in master-slave mode (a 270 controlling a 250 and a 90ES controlling a =
225),=20
the master player overrides any selection I make on the slave with CDJ.  =

About one per cent of the time, I manage to play a track from a slave =
player=20
with CDJ, but I cannot explain why it works.  It seems random.

    David and Colby, is there a chance that you might build a few of the =

circuits you have posted on your site? I would like to control three =
pairs of=20
Sony players from Slink-e and CDJ, so, from what I understand, the =
circuit=20
needs a slight modification.

    Thank you.

    Andrew

In a message dated 1/4/00 1:09:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,=20