[slinkelist] (no subject)

David Aue aue@nirvis.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:05:04 -0800

Hi Mark,

The Slink-e should be fine on an airplane.  A laptop hooked to a CD changer
is fine.  The system really doesn't require any maintenance; just hook it up
and go.  If you want to do disc title lookups then you will need to connect
to the web when new discs have been put in but this can be done simply by
taking the laptop out to download the information and then putting it back.

David Aue
Nirvis Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com [mailto:slinkelist-admin@nirvis.com]On
Behalf Of Terri Shea
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2000 9:50 PM
To: slinkelist@nirvis.com
Subject: [slinkelist] (no subject)

I am interested in a Slink-e on two levels. I work for a Aircraft Management
Company, providing corporate aircraft transportation to business. Which
leads me to my first question. We are in the process of purchasing a new
aircraft, which will need to be outfitted with paint and interior. The
people we are doing this for are very musically inclined, and have asked for
the ability to manipulate the music system in the cabin. To this end, we
located your web site. Would your system work in this environment? If we
were to install a RS 323 port by one of the passenger seats, can we connect
a Laptop through the port to the CD changer and manipulate the CD's? Two: Is
this system user friendly enough to be install and maintenance by an
aircraft mechanic?

Mark Shea
Director of Operation
The Air Group,Inc.