Linux, Slinke, & CDJ (was Re: [slinkelist] mpeg2 ????????)

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman@relax.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:18:21 -0600

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:51:56 +0100 (MET), Francisco Jose Montilla <pacopepe@insflug.org> said:

> On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Jay Pfaffman wrote:

>> Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.  CDJ isn't able to connect to Slinke-server
>> (http://www.insflug.org/slink/software/unix/slinkeserver.php3) is it?

> 	Yes. But that could be easily (I guess) achievable. That server
> simply pass along the commands, so it's a matter of (en|de)capsulating
> them somehow and interface to CDJ.

So it sounds like either the Linux slinke server has to be modified to
talk DCOM or CDJ (and every other app that talks to Slink-serv) has to
be modified to talk TCP.  Modifying CDJ seemed like a good idea (I
imagine that it'd be as simple as opening a TCP connection rather than
using DCOM & then passing that file handle on to the rest of the
program; that's probably a fantasy though) until I realized that
having only CDJ wouldn't do that much good because I really want
slink-saver and/or PartyGUI (which I still haven't tried because
slinkserv doesn't work reliably on my system).

--
Jay Pfaffman                           pfaffman@relax.com
+1-615-343-1720 (office)               +1-615-460-9299 (home)